City of Ottawa Lease Agreement


As a tenant, you and everyone who lives with you must assume all the responsibilities set out in the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 and in your lease. Under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, owners of most private rental apartments must use this lease when entering into a lease with a tenant. As of March 1, 2021, all landlords will be required to use the updated standard lease for their lease. “Hundreds of families in Ottawa are affected by preventable fires every year. Tenants are requested to check the fire safety information in Please contact us to report fire safety issues immediately. Tenants can also report non-emergency fire safety issues to the Ottawa Fire Department at 613-580-2424 ext. 15371 or “Two (2) copies must be attached to the rental agreement. A copy must be provided to the tenant for their records and a copy must be signed by the tenant and kept by the landlord with the lease. The City of Ottawa is looking for a suitable tenant for the office space on the second floor of the relocated and renovated horticultural building in Lansdowne Park.

Approximately 662 square meters of office space are available for immediate occupancy. The ground floor is leased for commercial purposes that complement and support a variety of activities for the Lansdowne, City Park and Horticultural Pavilion. The property offers a unique opportunity for small businesses and/or organizations. These offices are a prime location for festival and event organizers. The second floor is for rent only for office purposes. Please report your traffic by updating your user agent to include company-specific information. Lynda Mongeon, Corporate Real Estate Office Disposals & Strategic Development Real Estate Advisor 110 Laurier Avenue West, 5th floor west Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1 613-580-2424, ext. 26980 Email: If you would like a hard copy of the Tenant Guide, please contact us by phone at 613-580-2500 ext.

29529 Landlords must maintain the Tenant Support Registry and record all requests for support. Information provided to the Tenant Support Registry may be collected by the City of Ottawa to investigate and enforce the landlord`s compliance with the Rental Housing Administration Ordinance (2020-255). For more information on how this is used, please contact or call 3-1-1. James Bartleman Municipal Archives Centre 100 Tallwood Dr. (Woodroffe Corner) Ottawa, Ontario Telephone: 613-580-2857 Fax: 613-580-2614 Email: Please contact the real estate advisor listed on the listing At the time of signing the lease, landlords must provide tenants with a tenant document. The City of Ottawa`s Rental Housing Administration Ordinance (By-law No. 2020-255) requires landlords to provide all tenants with a document containing information for tenants. Make sure you receive this document when you sign your lease. It will provide you with a lot of useful information, such as: “These instructions are for informational purposes only.

This document will not be considered a lease or contract and will not replace or conflict with your lease or your rights under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006. For more information, see the SEC`s Privacy and Security Policy. Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Description: 5441 William Lindsay Grove is located in the southern part of the City of Ottawa, between William Lindsay Grove and Ramsayville Road. The site is located on the north side of Mitch Owens Road, approximately 200 metres (656 feet) from the intersection of Mitch Owens street and Ramsayville street. The plot, which has a double zoning, consists of cleared building land; one part that was cleared for a hay harvest, the rest is a wooded bush. For more information, please contact: Please click on the following link and send your online request or service request to the Commercial Real Estate Office. Property managers and owners are required to provide or report a change in contact information within 24 hours of the change in information. Additional information for the identification, prevention and treatment of pests: No landlord or property manager may not provide a copy of a pest management plan provided under section 31 or 32 to a statutory agent upon request. Tenants can call 3-1-1 and press 4 for information on social assistance benefits, emergency heating and social services, child care assistance, the Ontario Renovations Program and other programs and services offered by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

Individuals can also dial 2-1-1 and be directed to the most appropriate resources for community information and referral services. In addition, individuals can search for resources online in the Community Navigation of Eastern Ontario database. Any service request that does not fall into the above categories is considered non-urgent. Landlords have seven (7) days to respond to these requests. Nothing in these by-laws replaces a landlord`s obligation to house a tenant under the Ontario Human Rights Code or other applicable legislation. No landlord or property manager may fail to provide tenant information in writing to a tenant of a rental unit. . The “Information for Tenants” document must be kept up to date, and tenants will be notified within 30 days if the document changes. These by-laws may be referred to as the Rental Property Management By-law. A statutory agent has the right to enter any land at any reasonable time to carry out an inspection of a part of the property that is not actually used as a residential unit.

A tenant service request describes tenant service requests, repairs and renovations e.B. A request for tenant assistance is a voluntary request for support or assistance from tenants. It is important that you keep it up-to-date and easily accessible at the request of a City of Ottawa statutory officer. No person may hinder or hinder a statutory official or any person assisting him in an inspection carried out in accordance with Article 42 or in the activities referred to in Article 43. A landlord or property manager must provide all tenants with the following information in the manner required by subsection 14(7): The City of Ottawa`s Community and Social Services website provides information on subsidized housing, long-term care and homelessness. In accordance with sections 9, 20, 27 and 38 of this Act and for the purposes of investigating and enforcing this Act, a by-law officer of the City of Ottawa may require a landlord or property manager to provide any document or information that the landlord or property manager is required to receive or provide under the by-laws. including information about tenants` names and addresses, contact information and any support requirements. When a request for service is made, landlords should also check the Tenant Support Registry to determine if the tenant has registered a need for assistance and what accommodations are needed in those circumstances. Tenants can find published rental housing listings: “Tenant Service Request” means any notice from a tenant to a landlord or property manager for the purpose of identifying and resolving concerns about their rental unit, building or property; and current by-laws can be found at the following locations: Landlords must record all service requests submitted by their tenants. This information must be provided to a City of Ottawa by-law officer upon request. .